C4 Forums | Control4

outdated system V2 remote issues

Alt

I added an additional V2 remote to a system I installed 2 years ago running 1.74 director on hc300 and one additional AVM-HTCI-B. The V2 remotes are in bedrooms where the only source is satellite. Since adding the second remote it will no longer turn on the system by pressing the TV button on the original V2 or the "new" V2 I installed , you must navigate through the LCD and select watch and satellite. I remember something of the sort happen before with V2 remotes but haven't came across one in a long while. I would appreciate if someone could shine some light on the issue.

Thanks,

If I remember correctly there is a place in Composer where you can tell it to treat the remotes as V1's (no colored buttons) or V2's (with colored buttons). If you tell them to act like V1's then the TV button will do what you're thinking...I think =)

I haven't used a V1 or V2 remote in a while...

Thanks for the tip Dan. I pulled up the old project and it did not have V1 check box Checked. If I remember correctly with the V1 remotes the TV, video... buttons short cut to the navigator location and then you had to select the source. With the V2 it would automatically select the first source under each label (TV, Video...) and multiple press would cycle through (Like the SR150). For small systems I think the V2 remotes were the best for the customer anyways. One button push and the system is on. Anyway I will have to give it a shot tomorrow.

The V2 behavior just makes them colored buttons, like you have on the SR-250. All they do is what you program them to do.

V1 allows them to be the video, TV, whatever they are (don't remember). When I had those remotes I preferred the V1 behavior.

Archived