C4 Forums | Control4

IR code learning

Im fairly new to control4 and i have attempted to use existing IR drivers for other sharp flat panel tvs to control a brand new 70" LCD and none work. The TV is a new Sharp LC-70LE732U. Then i try to learn a new driver and the HC300 learns an ir code from the sharp remote, and if i try to emit that code the tv doesnt respond. I've tried putting fresh batteries in all the remotes and no change. I can learn the sharp remote to a URC RF20 and it works flawlessly.

I've successfully set up my own IR drivers on a different HC300, but i feel like i MUST be missing something.

What I do when I need drivers, and say c4 does not have a driver or is not 100%

I program a urc remote and learn the codes from an mx-880.... When creating the driver be sure to press the emit button so you know that c4 learned the driver before moving to the next IR/Code to learn.

Other things to double check are that the ir is plugged in to the HC-300 and assigned to the new tv in composer

Make sure the ir is placed in the (sweat spot) of the ir sensor

When commands are issued for the tv, watch to make sure the ir is flashing/red (if this is a c4 provided ir emitter)

Cheers

Fred

Archived