C4 Forums | Control4

.c4i Driver Problem

control4user007

Hi,

I am trying to build a driver for an IP Camera. So far i have gotten the driver to show up in the "Manage Drivers" section of composer (Tools menu > My Drivers), but when i add it to the side pane list of drivers nothing shows up.

I tested it out a little further:

- Here is what I tried

copying an existing driver (One of the Axis Camera Drivers) through windows explorer (Program Files/Control4/Composer174/Drivers/Virtual/..),

pasting it (slightly rename file name),

opened it with notepad and saved it,

When i loaded it up in Composer it showed up in the "Manage Drivers" Section but when i tried to add it to "My Drivers" a folder appeared at the bottom of the drivers list that said "NONE" and no drivers showed up under that. I also look in the IP Cameras folder and did not see it there either.

- When I try and search for the driver using the third tab option of the side pane, the "manufacturer" and "model" do not show up.

- Tried copying existing code from a driver, creating a new notepad file, pasted the code in, and saved it as a .c4i file (in all 4 encodings [ANSI, UNICODE, etc..])

The only thing i can thing of is Composer seems to not like the files that are read and saved by notepad.

I tried these steps on three different OS including Windows Sever 2008, Vista, and Mac OSX 10.6.7 (the text edit part, and sent it back to windows to be loaded into composer. I figured since both Control4's OS and Mac OSX are Unix based it might help, but it did not seem to help at all). They all yielded the same results. I attached the file if you want to look at it and see if you see something wrong.

Any help/ideas would be greatly appreciated. I am quite confused why Composer is acting this way.

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello, control4user007

Do you find any sollution for your problem?

I tried to do my own driver for D-Link cameras doing the same way, but that problems appears for me too.

Any ideas? That makes me feel really crazy((

Archived