C4 Forums | Control4

high contrast tv's for video conferencing

mwarchut

So I just placed an order for 45k of video conferencing gear for remote sites and my house. :-) I don't want to pay outrageous prices for displays for something that may get 3-4 hours of use a week. Can anyone recommend a decent LCD/LED TV 42-50" in size, HD with HDMI that would work well in potentially bright light rooms? I would think it would need really high contrast to work best. And at times it may display the screen of a computer with powerpoint, word or excel.

TIA

Mike

The only issue I've had in the past with using excel documents on TVs is that they are really tiny and impossible to see unless you are sitting ~3' from the tv. Have you looked into a projector?

+1. I did it today at work...at least I tried to. Brutal. We moved into another room with a projector.

Funny this gets posted today...this happened like an hour ago. Nobody could read the damn spreadsheet...LOL.

Sorry.. The senior management insists on displays. The units will be on these fancy carts so they can be moved around. I guess we could throw a KVM on them and then be able to push to a projector if needed though.

Still any suggestions for displays for the videoconferencing part?

Archived