C4 Forums | Control4

Upgrade from 1.7.4 to 2.1 Lighting Control Problems

Hi all - I just had my system upgraded from 1.7.4 to 2.1. My system is as follows:

HC1000 V2

2 - HC300s

6 - HC200s and TVs

47 dimmers

12 6-button touch pads

4 switches

4 zone amp

2 satellite boxes

Sony DVD Changer

Apple TV

Nearly all lighting scenes contain several dimmers, somethimes as much as 6 or 7, but some have as few as 2. Problem I am having is that executing any scene will randomly not include certain dimmers in execution. For example, call a scene and two of the 3 dimmers will respond. It is random, and the programming calling the scene is nothing more than the scene calls, i.e. there is not other processing to bog down the system. Has anyone ever seen this? Anyone have any idea where to look for the problem? In 2.X software, the scenes are supposed to be loaded into the dimmers to solve the popcorn issue, but if that is true then that would mean some dimmers are not receiving the scene command, which is strange since the network tools say they all have green level signals. Any suggestions would be wlecome. My dealer is usually real helpful, but he is baffled.

Hi all - I just had my system upgraded from 1.7.4 to 2.1. My system is as follows:

HC1000 V2

2 - HC300s

6 - HC200s and TVs

47 dimmers

12 6-button touch pads

4 switches

4 zone amp

2 satellite boxes

Sony DVD Changer

Apple TV

Nearly all lighting scenes contain several dimmers, somethimes as much as 6 or 7, but some have as few as 2. Problem I am having is that executing any scene will randomly not include certain dimmers in execution. For example, call a scene and two of the 3 dimmers will respond. It is random, and the programming calling the scene is nothing more than the scene calls, i.e. there is not other processing to bog down the system. Has anyone ever seen this? Anyone have any idea where to look for the problem? In 2.X software, the scenes are supposed to be loaded into the dimmers to solve the popcorn issue, but if that is true then that would mean some dimmers are not receiving the scene command, which is strange since the network tools say they all have green level signals. Any suggestions would be wlecome. My dealer is usually real helpful, but he is baffled.

I know it would be a PITA, but have you tried recreating a lighting scene and seeing that makes a difference? Has your dealer used the new Detective tool to look at your zigbee mesh and make sure all devices have adequate signal strength and good routing?

@crazybuppie - yes, the daler says Composer says everything successfully upgraded

@ILoveC4 - yes, the dealer says the Detective tool says everything is fine. Good idea to try and re-create a scene, and I will try that on a scene that has multiple dimmers to see what effect it has. When I looked at the tools with the dealer I did not see a tool that would tell him what scenes, if any, were downloaded to the dimmers. Is there such a tool?

Thanks folks.

Thanks, but that only tells you the configuration of a scene. It does not tell you what dimmers may or may not have downloaded the scene. Is there a tool to ID this?

The dimers don't download the scene. Your controller just sends a command to tel each dumber what to do.

I assume you've reset the controller and also synced the scenes?

Archived