C4 Forums | Control4

2.1 Upgrade and Disc Changer No Longer Imports Cover Art

Hello - just completed a 1.7.4 upgade to 2.1, and after a few programming wrinkles all seems to be OK. However, the Sony CX7000ES in the Media view will no longer generate cover art - all the DVDs are listed as Unknown, despite the fact that under 1.7.4 it ID'd them all (using gracenotes as usual). Anyone heard of this problem and have any suggested fixes? My dealer, who is usually quite good, is baffled and I think has gotten little direction from C4 tech support. We have tried removing and re-installing the changer in Composer to no avail.

Thanks!

There is a defect in 2.1, that was not discovered until after the release. If you scan for a directory, *then* do a scan on a changer, the changer's items will come up unknown.

If you reboot your master controller, and then do the disc scan first, it should work until you do a directory scan, at which point disc scanning will no longer work.

Unfortunately, until a resolution can be made and a patch or new release issued, you would need to do this workaround every time you want to scan discs.

RyanE

There is a defect in 2.1, that was not discovered until after the release. If you scan for a directory, *then* do a scan on a changer, the changer's items will come up unknown.

If you reboot your master controller, and then do the disc scan first, it should work until you do a directory scan, at which point disc scanning will no longer work.

Unfortunately, until a resolution can be made and a patch or new release issued, you would need to do this workaround every time you want to scan discs.

RyanE

Thanks for the update Ryan. Wouldn't be a big deal if update fixes came sooner and it wasn't such a headache (ie time and expense) to get a dealer to update a simple fix.

I've definitely got that problem but there are several others as well.

1) When you have automatic scanning\updates turned on you lose a bunch of things like music compilations etc. each night when it scans so you have to do them all over again. I had to turn that off to prevent a homicide\suicide :/

2) The Gracenotes movie data is corrupted. It does not display the same information on the player as it does in Control4. If you have Band of Brothers for example it takes an episode title Curahee and uses it for the DVD names rather than Band of Brothers (Disk 1)

3) Gracenote imported data also appears to be unable to handle quotes and you end up with a bunch of crap ie. &amp" etc. added in their place which is very annoying

3) My CX7000ES now thinks about 10% of my DVD's and Blurays are invalid... yet they play fine on other players..... restarting and rescanning doesn't help

Overall, I'm not at all impressed with Control4's media management. I've spent seven days (again) having to edit every one of my movies on my new NAS because ComposerHE isn't working properly and I haven't even begun to tackle my CX7000ES disks.

I'm not sure what Control4 thinks but this is totally unacceptable. I think its time to dump Gracenote and support MyMovies and other tools because to expect the average person to tolerate this kind of stuff is simply asking too much.

ryanE - thanks very much for the suggestion. I will try it tomorrow and report back. Seems to me C4 really needs to get their act together on media, not to mention Q/A testing of SW releases.

RyanE - I rebooted the HC1000 and immediately had the disc changer scan one disk, and it again came back as UNKNOWN. Did I do anything incorrectly? If not, any other suggestions?

Thanks.

Archived