C4 Forums | Control4

Spotify, ExtraVegetables, Sonos, and Control4 playing nice

thecodeman

To re-post a quick message from ExtraVegetables:

"So Spotify finally launches in the the USA today!

If you have a Premium Spotify account you can access it via Sonos - which means you can also get it via your Control4 system.

You will need to update your Sonos driver to 3.1.3 as Sonos made a small change when they launched the US support for Spotify. But it's otherwise all ready for you to add to your systems.

Spotify support provides a list of your saved Playlists and Starred Items - there's no search facility.

But right now today it's the only Home Control system with Spotify support!"

Check out the pages on their website for more information. Spotify requires the Sonos hardware and the driver for Control4 made by ExtraVegetables. The driver can be purchased from your dealer.

http://extravegetables.com/drivers/sonos/index.php

^ The Spotify interface on Sonos does have search support. This includes the Sonos handheld controllers, iPad, iPhone and iPod.

Are you saying the EV Sonos driver does not support search with Sonos/Spotify ?

BTW, the Spotify/Sonos streams are high resolution, as opposed to those coming from Rhapsody.

• 5 months later...
We can't pull up a keyboard in the c4 interface right now.

Sorry to bring this old thread back to life but...

Is it anticipated that a keyboard will be able to be pulled up at some point?

I really need to look into writing drivers and apps, writting code is another one of my side jobs, been working for a large game company for years working on game dev.

We can't pull up a keyboard in the c4 interface right now.

Sorry to bring this old thread back to life but...

Is it anticipated that a keyboard will be able to be pulled up at some point?

I really need to look into writing drivers and apps' date=' writting code is another one of my side jobs, been working for a large game company for years working on game dev.[/quote']

Don't know, perhaps someone else does. I'm sure EV knows. It used to be available only with certain proxies iirc.

Archived