C4 Forums | Control4

Display Panasonic camera video footage on TV or Ipad device

Hi Everyone,

I would like to be able to display video footage from my Panasonic camera onto my TV plasma or iPad device once the doorbell button has been pressed.

Here is my setup;

• C200 running V1.8.2

• Panasonic camera

• Card Access mini-remote (wired to the doorbell)

Currently l have programmed it, to make an audio announcement and have the TV paused each time someone presses the doorbell which works well. I am now wanting to go that one step further and have the camera footage display on the TV screen or iPad device.

I've seen a couple of posts within this forum requesting something similar but l've not really seen any programming steps on how to achieve this.

I would be (and l'm sure other readers) would be very grateful for some screen-shots followed by some steps if someone is able to assist.

Thanks in advance.

Make a favorite for the camera.

Set the programming for doorbell press to switch the controller to the favorite.

Make it a bit more complex, check if room is on/off and set a timer to then turn off the room if the room wasn't already on, so it doesn't stay on.

not one for screenshots and such, but it is pretty simple to set up.

Pre 2.0 the only way would be to issue the commands one by one.

C4 command to room

Left

Left

Enter.....etc

You would have to check on the actual path of button presses to get where you need. It's clunky but that's the best you can do to get live feeds automatically pre 2.0.

I am sure other this can be done under Composer 1.8, has anyone else being able to achieve this under this version? It shouldn't be this hard.

Thanks in advance

You're right, it shouldn't. I'd imagine that's why they changed it. Unfortunately for you the change came in 2.0+

• 3 weeks later...
Make a favorite for the camera.

Set the programming for doorbell press to switch the controller to the favorite.

Make it a bit more complex, check if room is on/off and set a timer to then turn off the room if the room wasn't already on, so it doesn't stay on.

not one for screenshots and such, but it is pretty simple to set up.

Can you clarify exactly how to code the "switch the controller to the favorite"

Also on the same subject - any way to program a keypad to do this? I would like to be able to triple tap to trigger the c4 controller and then pull up the favorite I have created which is video of the front gate.

Archived