C4 Forums | Control4

Cameras / EV Security Spy reviews?

jacdx

Hey folks,

Can anyone review the Security Spy driver and system for me? Experiences? Likes/dislikes?

I need to put in some cameras and I want decent ones, e.g. Acti's or Vivotek's Supreme series or even Mobotix, if they weren't hideous. I know everyone loves Axis, but while top quality, their specs vs dollar ratio is low. The cams I get must integrate with my shiny C4 system, but of course C4's camera support is a major, glaring hole in their offering. Security Spy kind of solves that, except the need for a dedicated Mac (Mini) adds a lot to the cost of the setup. I wish there was a solution for the PC equivalent of SecuritySpy.

Ps. Going with one of the few (older) C4-supported cams isn't an option.

/de-lurk

It works. Shows in all navigators, online, etc. Many drivers don't work on every display method...

Only issue. Presets. There is an issue with C4 that can't handle multi digit codes for presets (I think) and Security Spy uses multi digit codes... So Presets are a no go (so far).

WL

\re-lurk

Bumpity bump. No one has this setup?

Nikon: do you have the Channel Vision cameras? Care to post a review with details on how they well integrate?

No I don't as of yet. I just looked at the specs. There are not PTZ on the IP models but the price is about right. I'll post something when I get one. I assume they will work like any other standard dome IP camera but at a higher resolution. The Mobotix cams nice but they are pretty expensive.

Archived