C4 Forums | Control4

10.5" V2 Touchscreen

Ringold

Is there a way to downgrade a composer software version 2 on a 10.5" touchscreen back to 1.8.2? (I assume the 10.5" touchscreen has the newer software version because the GUI is not the standard 1.8.2 GUI)

And, if not, will it hurt anything to run this device on a 1.8.2 system??? It seems to function properly, but would just like to have the same user interface on the touchscreen as the GUI on the tvs.

Thanks in advance.

I read on here where you just need the file from the cf card for the version you need....

Would anyone who has a 10.5" v2 touchscreen running 1.8.2 be willing to share a copy of their files from their CF card??? (Or I suppose I could use any version prior to 1.8.2 as well and just upgrade from there)

Thanks in advance

AtticMonkey, the 10.5" is not a zigbee device, so that doesn't matter.

Yes I know, I am a dealer :). What I mean is, if it works fine with the touch screen being on 2.0 (which i see no reason why not) then hes not damaging his system by leaving it that way (which was an original question of his). Considering that 2.0+ interface is better than the original, I would leave it. However, it sounds like he wants the whole system to stay on 1.8 (a cost move im sure), so if he wants matching interfaces then good flash it back to 1.8.

• 1 month later...

I want to make sure I understand this correctly because I am on 1.8 as well....

If I want to add touch screens that are from 2.0 or later and keep my system on 1.8, they will function correctly?? What functionality will I lose?? I was going to buy some 7 inches from a friend and they were on a 2.1 system. I thought they would not work......at least without reflashing them to 1.8...

Thanks

I want to make sure I understand this correctly because I am on 1.8 as well....

If I want to add touch screens that are from 2.0 or later and keep my system on 1.8, they will function correctly?? What functionality will I lose?? I was going to buy some 7 inches from a friend and they were on a 2.1 system. I thought they would not work......at least without reflashing them to 1.8...

Thanks

You need to downgrade the firmware of the touchpanels to ensure they work optimally. This can be done because there is no zigbee radio to worry about.

Archived