C4 Forums | Control4

Startup Tutorial for Newbie?

ktraynham

• 4 weeks later...

I have had Control 4 since 2007. I have an HC-300 system. One day when trying to start my system I noticed it would not start anymore. I tried rebooting several times but nothing still happened. The next day none of the lights would illuminate on the HC-300 box. I tried various things to trouble shoot and rebooting again, but nothing changed. I finally managed to get Best Buy back out to my house as they were the installers. They switched out the cord and the blue light illuminated again on the box. Great!! But then they told me that my setup has been wiped out and it would have to be re-installed, but I have to pay for this again $300. Is there any way I can get my setup done again either by myself or for cheaper. It seems like I am getting ripped off since I have had the system now for over 4 years and now I have to pay for the program again. I have Composer ME 1.7.4 on my computer. please help!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if I have a backup of the project. Did not even know you could back up a project. I have the Composer ME program loaded on my computer, but i cannot get into it b/c it log into the director. It's crazy that I have had this system for over 4 years and I feel totally lost. how do I get into my Compsoer, how do I know for myself that my program is wiped without relying on calling out Best Buy again to troubleshoot.? Do I have to call them out for EVERYTHING?

Archived