C4 Forums | Control4

Minimum volume is too loud

Hi,

We;ve just had a control4 install and have found that the minimum volume is too loud to have as background music over dinner. On the iPad it shows as 4% and then drops to silent. Is there a way of having more gradation in the volume setting? Or of managing the input volumes? Our dealer says this is built in and cannot be changed.

Appreciate anyone's help.

Steve

If you're using the Control4 Amplifier, you can set the maximum volume level on a zone, and it will scale all volumes 0-100 based on that maximum.

If you're using the Control4 Audio Switch, the volume unfortunately is quite granular, and not adjustable for maximum volume.

RyanE

Is there a default volume level for the C4 amps that can be set using HE? Whenever I turn on my Sonos ZP the volume is too high and voulme control has been turned off on the device so I'm assuming the Amp has a level? I just can't seem to find it anywhere on my devices for some reason.

It's on the *room* Properties Page, not on the *amp*.

If you still can't find it, and you're on 2.0 or later with Control4 amplifiers (4-channel or V3 8-channel), you can use the *FREE* Control4 Equalizer app to set default volumes on amp zones.

RyanE

Archived