C4 Forums | Control4

Dune + Matrix + Receiver = No TV

Ramorous

So, I just replaced my Boxee Box with a new Dune. I output the Dune to the Monoprice 4x2 hdmi matrix, from there one output goes to the TV in the living room, the other to my receiver in my theatre. The living room TV works just fine with the Dune, the problem is the theatre is not showing any output at all.

This happened before with my Scientific Atlantic 8300HD PVR, and I ended up outputing the matrix to the TV directly and outputting the coax output to the receiver (no longer have cable tv). So I'm wondering if I have to go the same route or can I purchase an extender in hopes of "boosting" the signal that somehow is getting lost?

First the obvious:

1. Make sure your matrix is plugged in and all connections are correct

2. Are you sure you have the dune selected as the input source for your theater and not any other source?

Now if that is fine then:

1. How long are your hdmi runs and what kind of hdmi cable are you using?

2. What is your dune output set at (1080p, 1080i)?

Check Chester's second bullet #2. There's a toggle button on the remote to flip through the output resolution settings on the dune. Select the Dune on the problem TV and then toggle through the output resolutions and I'm sure you'll get output.

You may want to see if you can fin a common output resolution that will work on all tv's.

Both TVs are 1080p. The living room one is on a 35ft HDMI cable from the matrix, the other is on a 3ft to the receiver, then a 12 ft to the TV. I've tried many different resolutions and still the same persists. I made sure of the obvious. My next step will be to just remove the Receiver from the equation to make sure that part works.

Both TVs are 1080p. The living room one is on a 35ft HDMI cable from the matrix, the other is on a 3ft to the receiver, then a 12 ft to the TV. I've tried many different resolutions and still the same persists. I made sure of the obvious. My next step will be to just remove the Receiver from the equation to make sure that part works.

Strange, the only other thing I can think of is to change the input of the dune.

• 2 weeks later...

Ramorous,

I have the same issue with my Monnoprice 4x4 HDMI matrix. It works for 3 of my TVs directly in for all sources and into my Denon receiver my PS3 and Netgear media player work but my Motorola cable box does not. When I contacted Monoprice they said it was only designed to work into a TV(?). So it's something with the matrix communicating certain HDMI signals to the receiver is the only answer I can come up with....

Archived