C4 Forums | Control4

7 inch touch screens

gatormike

I have an older version 7 inch in wall touch panel POE/wifi. I am on 1.8 and it was on 2.04. It tried to upgrade via controller last night and now boots to old GUI, but will not connect to my network. It has the info button available on the screen and when I press network it allows me to choose DHCP or static, but will not give me option for wifi. I tried to hook it into my network via ethernet without luck. Is there anyway I can force it to recognize wifi or my network during boot up(any button push sequence I am missing??).

Thanks for your input and help....

either the usb wifi is missing or dead. Use the PoE switch to connect it then the network should see if you set it as dhcp.

I agree, theses should recognize a valid wifi dongle on bootup and if it is dead or missing then the option for wifi will simply not show up.

I like that they will be selling a new 7 inch touch screen because I was able to buy one of 2 slightly used ones for james@diamond design for very cheap and I think he still have one left. James also sold me a new wireless ZiGBee Pro thermostat and he remotely help me install the thermostat and 7 inch within a matter of minutes. The guy is a genius!!

So if you are looking for a cheap 7 inch touch screen, send james a email

Archived