C4 Forums | Control4

Floor pressure sensor

CSquared

Has anyone used a floor pressure sensor? I've seen some on the web that are like a mat or can be mounted between floor joists. Of the ones I've found you have to buy the sensor, power supply and a circuit board separately. Is there something with the simplicity of installing say a door contact out there?

Card Access makes a pressure sensor, but I am not sure how well it would work in a floor sensing scenario. Here is a link if you haven't seen it before, though.

http://www.cardaccess-inc.com/automation/products/index.php?a=details&i=57

I use some Card Access pressure sensors in chairs and beds. They work great.

That said, I can't imagine you could install it IN a floor. The weight of the floor would trigger it, if not ruin it.

Has anyone used a floor pressure sensor? I've seen some on the web that are like a mat or can be mounted between floor joists. Of the ones I've found you have to buy the sensor, power supply and a circuit board separately. Is there something with the simplicity of installing say a door contact out there?

Where have you been looking? All the ones Ive used are nothing more than a SPST switch array set for a minimum pressure (weight of subject). As far as mounting between floor joists, I don't follow you. I mounted mine on top the subfloor and beneath floated laminate flooring. Works fine and the dog doesn't trip it at all.

Archived