C4 Forums | Control4

Tstat Question

dgbrown

i'm having an issue with my thermostats. They are both wired the same. The upstairs thermostat works without battery. The thermostat wired the same way will not work without a battery? Any suggestions as to what is going on?

On 4/8/2017 at 4:31 PM, Bgriff said:

i'm having an issue with my thermostats. They are both wired the same. The upstairs thermostat works without battery. The thermostat wired the same way will not work without a battery? Any suggestions as to what is going on?

Sounds like the one that needs a battery is not getting the proper 24VAC from the unit. Likely that the common wire is connected at the thermostat but not actually connected to the proper terminal at the unit.

28 minutes ago, thecodeman said:

Sounds like the one that needs a battery is not getting the proper 24VAC from the unit. Likely that the common wire is connected at the thermostat but not actually connected to the proper terminal at the unit.

That was exactly the problem. 

28 minutes ago, thecodeman said:

Cool, glad it was an easy fix. I've run into that before where the HVAC guys will terminate on the t-stat side but not on the unit.

On the taco there's 2 24v ports the electrician had one wire to each. He had to put them both in the same port. 

Archived