C4 Forums | Control4

Denver Metroish

SherSlick

"The DriverWorks SDK" is only a set of documentation. 3 PDF files at it's most basic.

Without ComposerPro, the DriverWorks SDK won't do you much good, since developing a driver without being able to add it to your project and/or updating it once it's added, you won't get far.

Dealers are not allowed to give ComposerPro to end user customers. Anyone who they allow access to ComposerPro is through a license they must assign out of the pool of licenses they have available.

If you're wanting to develop a driver, maybe a dealer can work out something where you could have access to what you need to develop the driver. Of course, not all dealers are going to go for a setup like that.

RyanE

From what I led to believe, the DriverWorks package is all the tools one needs to build 1-way and 2-way drivers for C4.

If this is only part of the ComposerPro, then my post is to find a dealer who might be able to get me access. I would even go so far as build them drivers for their other projects if so desired.

The system I have in mind would require C4 to interface to devices that are more "industrial control" than home automation.

No, DriverWorks has *always* been the Lua-based Driver Architecture.

The C++ driver architecture was never called DriverWorks. Believe me, I have firsthand knowledge. :)

Previous to DriverWorks, there was the 'Control4 Driver SDK', which was the C++ / C# driver template and object files which you could use to build a driver. That is no longer available, and no longer supported by Control4.

The ability to create 1 and 2-way drivers in Control4 is provided by ComposerPro, along with the DriverWorks documentation.

RyanE

Previous to DriverWorks, there was the 'Control4 Driver SDK', which was the C++ / C# driver template and object files which you could use to build a driver. That is no longer available, and no longer supported by Control4.

That's what I was confusing, thanks for clarifying.

Archived