C4 Forums | Control4

1.74 Media Scanning

Have a netgear NTV550, and about 200 ISO video's I'm trying to scan. Control4 seemed to scan them fine when I had roughly 100 ISO's, but now when I scan the DVD Nas, the button changes to "Scanning" and never comes back. I left it like this for a full 24 hours.

The 100 or so ISO's it did scan work just fine, and the new ISO's are in the same folder, so it should not be a connectivity thing.

No error messages, nothing to point me in a direction to try and fix it.

Anyone got any ideas?

I can try that. I bounced the HC300's this morning as the system got pretty slow during the continuous scanning. I'll try bouncing everything this evening.

Is there any kind of log file that could be useful? Just find it strange that it doesn't come back, and doesn't give feedback.

• 4 weeks later...

New Member and loving it! I am having a similar issue. In the past, I have able to remove a special character and the media scan would recognize on the next scan. There is one song that the scan is not recognizing and I can't figure out if it is a setup or issue or a character issue. When I download a number of songs it usually takes a few days to fully integrate with C4. I haven't gotten to a NAS drive setup and I don't know the benefits of Composer. Thoughts on whether it is a character issue or a setup issue?

Thank you kindly for your reply. I don't have composer to see whether "director was not responding" or not. Perhaps part of the problem. I'm confused why the intial import of some songs worked (although slowly importing and sorting according to the itunes list on the hard drive over a few days). I shouldn't need composer to import music. I think the addition of a NAS drive and composer would eliminate or at least identify what is happening?

Archived