C4 Forums | Control4

programming 4 buttons on 7" touchscreen

Ringold

Not a bad idea. Let me see if I can do that. Just went by the title.

To clarify. Depending on what room the SR250 is in the 4 colored buttons will function as programmed for that room. My understanding is that you want the 1-4 buttons in the TP to duplicate what the colored buttons was programmed to do for that room and change accordingly?

That's some heinous programming. You would need a variable for each room in the project and need to maintain it according to what is being done (or not done) in each then select the proper group of soft-button actions. Like I said, I don't see a way to directly link TS buttons to SR colored buttons- they are not available in the pick-list for a given room.

So, I keep my 7" touchscreen in my "theater room". It never leaves that room. I just want those buttons to be equivalent to the sr250 colored buttons. Of course those button's functions vary depending on what source I have selected to view in my theater room.

I am surprised no one has requested this before. It seems intuitive that anyone would want the colored buttons on the 7" touchscreen. In fact, I was surprised to learn that the colored buttons were not on 7" touchscreen.

Colored buttons appear on every modern TS. You must enter into a WATCH or LISTEN session to get to them. Hard buttons are independent. What is preventing you from just programming the hard buttons to point to the same action as the colored buttons do? Like I said, if you want it room-specific you can set VARs to control this.

Colored buttons appear on every modern TS. You must enter into a WATCH or LISTEN session to get to them. Hard buttons are independent. What is preventing you from just programming the hard buttons to point to the same action as the colored buttons do? Like I said, if you want it room-specific you can set VARs to control this.

What does that mean????? are you referring to a newer touchscreen model??????

There are four hard (physical) buttons across the bottom of 1G 7". Within a WATCH or LISTEN mode, you are presented with four colored soft buttons. All I'm saying is just program both to do the same thing according to room or according to whatever you require. You can't do it directly but you can assign the same action to both sets of controls and you can toggle that relationship using variable(s). It's all do-able but you would do better to tell us exactly what your wanting.

Makes perfect sense to me. If you've ever used a touchscreen it should be obvious there are 4 hard buttons, and then on-screen colored buttons (like on the SR250). THese only appear when you're in a situation with device level control.

There are four hard (physical) buttons across the bottom of 1G 7". Within a WATCH or LISTEN mode, you are presented with four colored soft buttons. All I'm saying is just program both to do the same thing according to room or according to whatever you require. You can't do it directly but you can assign the same action to both sets of controls and you can toggle that relationship using variable(s). It's all do-able but you would do better to tell us exactly what your wanting.

the four hard buttons are obvious, no further questions in regard to those...

I am on 1.8.2..When i select for instance, direct tv, the screen goes to a direct tv control menu which does not have any colored buttons that I can find.

Are they hidden?!?!?!?!

Archived