C4 Forums | Control4

Relay/Contact Question for steam shower

I was hoping to wire up my steam shower unit for automation and have my dealer remotely install the correct relay drivers but have a few questions:

I have a Mr Steam sauna unit that has a 3 wire controller (green,black,white wires) that allows the unit to be powered off and on. When the green and black wires are touched together just for a brief second the unit powers on and stays on even if the wires are not touching. If I then touch the green and black wires back together again the unit then powers off. The wires do not need to remain in contact to stay powered on/off but just a brief pulse works. The white wire I believe powers a small green led light that indicates that unit is on/off. How could these be wired to a contact/relay extender to allow me to remotely power on/off my sauna unit as well as poll the status?

Also is there even an icon that exists for a shower sauna/steam unit that my dealer could remotely install?

First verify that voltage and draw of the black / green wire. It should be ultra low voltage / current as it is a trigger however it is better safe then sorry. If it is under the rating of your desired relay then connect the black / green wires to com and nc. Your dealer will need to set the driver to be on pulse. There is no Icon for sauna however the closest one is sprinklers from memory. Note that this recommendation is based purely on your information. I highly recommend that you get a professional integrator to install and wire the product up to ensure that no damage occurs on the products.

Archived