C4 Forums | Control4

Just Updated to 1.8.2.66691 and System Remotes wont work

I was wondering if this a known issues with Update 1.8.2 - I have 2 system remote controls (rcz-src2-B) and noticed that after the update I can no longer activate my system with them - the remotes seem fine - the backlights are on etc.

Also was wondering will the MyHome for the iPad work with version 1.8

Thanks

Control 4 Black System Remote Control Version 2 - RCZ-SRC2-B is a Embernet only device.

When you updated to 1.8.x or higher you updated your Zigbee radios from Embernet to Zigbee Pro. Unfortunately, your only option is to buy new Control4 remotes. You cannot downgrade the radios, it is a permanent upgrade.

Good news is the new Control4 SR-250 ($199) and SR-150 ($129) remotes are awesome in comparison to the old SR2 remotes. Better Battery life, easier to read display, wake on motion and they just feel better.

I was wondering if this a known issues with Update 1.8.2 - I have 2 system remote controls (rcz-src2-B) and noticed that after the update I can no longer activate my system with them - the remotes seem fine - the backlights are on etc.

Also was wondering will the MyHome for the iPad work with version 1.8

Thanks

Yeah, the post above mine is spot on. Those remotes won't work with zigbee Pro, and you can't downgrade your system back to embernet.

The new remotes are much better. Spend the $200/each on the 250...it's miles above the 150 in terms of functionality.

I'm guessing you don't have any other zigbee devices in your project?

Thanks guys ....

So as I understand I can spend about $200 x 2 for remotes OR use the iPad -- what does it cost do get the patch and a license for iPad and how is the experience with iPad versus remotes ... I should sya that I really only use the C4 system to turn on my home theater systems (yes overkill but that was what I was sold 4 years ago when I bought my house by the contractor and the support has been horrible ever since - they want $150 to come to my house and then $100/hr to do anything plus hardware) -- so if I do go for remotes I am in for $500-600 for sure. lot of cash to turn on the TV conveniently :-) Maybe a universal remote from Radio Shack :-)

Thoughts welcome

Thanks guys ....

So as I understand I can spend about $200 x 2 for remotes OR use the iPad -- what does it cost do get the patch and a license for iPad and how is the experience with iPad versus remotes ... I should sya that I really only use the C4 system to turn on my home theater systems (yes overkill but that was what I was sold 4 years ago when I bought my house by the contractor and the support has been horrible ever since - they want $150 to come to my house and then $100/hr to do anything plus hardware) -- so if I do go for remotes I am in for $500-600 for sure. lot of cash to turn on the TV conveniently :-) Maybe a universal remote from Radio Shack :-)

Thoughts welcome

I like my iPad. My wife and kids like the SR-250 remote we have 5 also my older teen has iPhone app. The iPhone app is portable and is very nice. If I am channel surfing the 250 is great. Sounds like you need to find a dealer that will work with you. A good dealer is a great thing...

We only have the one dealer within 300 miles ... that's the tough part. In any case I do have a copy of Composer Pro 1.8 and I was wondering if there is a way to buy or download the driver for the iPad for this version or the "patch". I am assuming if I get this then I could buy the site license from a dealer anywhere as there is no reason to come to site to enable the iPad application .. am I correct?

We only have the one dealer within 300 miles ... that's the tough part. In any case I do have a copy of Composer Pro 1.8 and I was wondering if there is a way to buy or download the driver for the iPad for this version or the "patch". I am assuming if I get this then I could buy the site license from a dealer anywhere as there is no reason to come to site to enable the iPad application .. am I correct?

No, unfortunately you cannot buy or download the patch anywhere, but it can be installed remotely just as the iPad can be added to your system remotely. It's easiest if you have a 4sight subscription.

I just sent you an email. I will put you in touch with the right guy.

Archived