C4 Forums | Control4

Light Switches Locking Up with New Software

I recently spoke with a few installer friends of mine and heard from them that when they upgraded to the latest software version, it locked up a few light switches in the customer's homes. This occurred in two separate homes with two different installers. The light switches would not function via remote, ipad, scheduling, or physical touch commands. In the end it was determined that the switches were bricked and had to be replaced at the integrators cost. What is funny is that only a few of the switches in these large projects did this. I have 47 lighting devices in my personal home and I am considering updating to the latest software. I am weary of killing my switches. Has anyone else run into this issue? Thanks in advance.....

My Project in progress - HC-1000, 11 additional controllers, audio matrix, (2) I/O extenders, Doorlock, (2) Thermostats, My Site, 4Sight, (9) 6 button keypads, (47) lighting devices.

15 Zones of Audio, 11 Zones of HDMI Matrixed Video via Atlona

6429413837_d099e416ae.jpg

I had two dimmers whig on me during the 2.1.1 upgrade. Nothing major and they were brought back into the project. You can't not upgrade based on this IMO, not with a project of your caliber. I've got 80 some-odd lighting devices so two was nothing.

• 2 months later...

Please tell me you have a plan to relocate hose cables! That can't possible be even a semi-permanent thing' date=' can it?[/quote']

I haven't been on here in a while. Those cables are now wire managed into the racks. The racks sit on a platform and this has allow me to retain some slack and keep it hidden. I used an 8" hole saw to cut holes into the platform, this allows the wires to pass from the wall, into the platform, then up into the rack.

Archived