C4 Forums | Control4

Rti?

TDAWG

Has anyone heard of RTI? I was looking at there system at it looks as if they have some pretty cool features. Does anyone know if there is a device that will allow you to install in wall and basically show your whole house and have the ability of viewing and controlling everything from it?

Does anyone know if there is a device that will allow you to install in wall and basically show your whole house and have the ability of viewing and controlling everything from it?

Yeah, it's called Control4.

:)

RyanE

Has anyone heard of RTI? I was looking at there system at it looks as if they have some pretty cool features. Does anyone know if there is a device that will allow you to install in wall and basically show your whole house and have the ability of viewing and controlling everything from it?

An in-wall touchscreen?

Yes, I'm well aware of what RTI is. It was a *joke*, since you're posting this on a forum that's dedicated to discussing *Control4*.

I think if you're interested in learning more about RTI, you should go to their forums, and/or their website, or somewhere like RemoteCentral or one of the Home Theater forums (AVS Forums, for example). People on here probably know quite a bit more about Control4 than RTI.

Good luck with your setup.

RyanE

RyanE - Check the link out below.... This is the control interface that i am speaking of

http://tech-homesolutions.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=40:home-automation&catid=1:services&Itemid=14

I have seen those sorts of touchscreen controls. Too bad you need a rather large touchscreen. Out of all the systems out there that show a view of the actual room and allow you to touch things to turn them on and off I liked Savant the best. The GUI overlay is pretty sweet as well.

Out of all the systems out there that show a view of the actual room and allow you to touch things to turn them on and off I liked Savant the best. The GUI overlay is pretty sweet as well.

Of course, the original poster is asking about RTI, I'm guessing they are wanting to move 'down-market', not 'up-market'... Savant is quite a bit pricier than even Control4.

RyanE

Out of all the systems out there that show a view of the actual room and allow you to touch things to turn them on and off I liked Savant the best. The GUI overlay is pretty sweet as well.

Of course' date=' the original poster is asking about RTI, I'm guessing they are wanting to move 'down-market', not 'up-market'... Savant is quite a bit pricier than even Control4.

RyanE[/quote']

Yeah I know that. I was just saying it was a really nice interface and out of all that I have seen so far I liked that one the best. I wasn't too impressed by RTI.

Nikon - Will this integrate with C4? Do you know of a product that would allow me to have this same function that works with C4?

No it most certainly will not integrate with Control4. But I don't see why it wouldn't be possible to get Control4 to work in a similar fashion with regards to a floor plan style interface.

Archived