C4 Forums | Control4

Trying to program a wake up agent.

matt4gps

I have a wake up agent programmed to turn on my TV at 5:30 am. I programmed a second wake up agent to announce that "the garage door is open" if the garage door is open. The PROBLEM is a can't select two different times. For example, I want to 'TV on' wake up to be at 5:30am and the 'Garage open' anouncement to be at 9pm. When I try changing the time on the onscreen navigator, the time changes for both wakeups. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.:(

I have a wake up agent programmed to turn on my TV at 5:30 am. I programmed a second wake up agent to announce that "the garage door is open" if the garage door is open. The PROBLEM is a can't select two different times. For example, I want to 'TV on' wake up to be at 5:30am and the 'Garage open' anouncement to be at 9pm. When I try changing the time on the onscreen navigator, the time changes for both wakeups. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.:(

The garage door is really a "SCHEDULER" thing - set it up so that everynight at 9 PM "things can happen". Then at 9 PM say something like:

If relay for the garage door is open then announce "garage is open" and then I personally close mine automatically with a two minute warning so that if you are going out to the car you can stop it before it closes on you.

I have a number of things that are checked based on the time of day and I can add in new things on that schedule any time I like.

The WAKEUP function while it seems cool - it is not something that I have found useful yet...

Bill

^ I'll have to take a look at using the scheduler. I like the wake up agent because it allows me to turn off or adjust the time from the navigator.

Agreed - that is something that I found nice as well - Now - I have several things that I ALWAYS want to happen at 9 pm (or some other time) - the scheduler allows me to do that - if there is something that I SOMETIMES want to happen then I have a VARIABLE - I can now set the variable on or off from the navigator - if it is on then it happens at 9 PM ifit is not set then it does not happen at 9 PM - I can also now set this toggle so that a switch can change it as well.

I have a number of variables -

Cleaning Lady Here

Visitors Downstairs

Force Fans off

Loggia door open on purpose

(to name a few) I RESET those variables so that If I set the cleaning lady is here that at 9 PM the variable goes off automatically.

The cleaning lady here turns on more lights than normal and forces the fans to not come on even if they meet temperature requirements so that they can be cleaned etc...

HTH

Bill

I use a variable for my 'auto lights', which I turn on when I want motion sensors to trigger lights to automatically come on.

I turn it on / off via a button on the 6-button keypad.

I also have the scheduler turn the auto lights on and off at appropriate times.

RyanE

I use a variable for my 'auto lights', which I turn on when I want motion sensors to trigger lights to automatically come on.

I turn it on / off via a button on the 6-button keypad.

I also have the scheduler turn the auto lights on and off at appropriate times.

RyanE

All my lights come on with motion sensors that set timers. They USUALLY go off when the timer expires.

I have conditions that are set for somethings - like based on the time of day they come on at different intensity or if it is a fan it comes on based on the internal temperature of the room etc.

The time I have found when there is an advantage to a variable is when you want a "state". For example - I have an internal waterfall in the house - it is not necessary to have it on when I am gone. So - If I turn it on at 7 AM and off at ten PM then it runs no matter what when I am gone.

So - when I turn on the alarm the house turns off many things including the waterfall. It is not on a variable "state" that is turned on at 7 AM. If I turn it off with the alarm then when I turn OFF the alarm the "STATE" of the variable is checked and if the waterfall is supposed to be on then it is turned back on. What was happening before was that since 7 AM had passed already the waterfall would not come back on.

Thanks for sharing Ryan

Bill

Archived