C4 Forums | Control4

Will 2 HC300's run this on 2.x

wingzz

I have my system that is running on 1.74 at this time, I have an extra HC300 and was wondering if I can run 2.xx (the latest) on 2 HC300's and a Media Controller that I use for the I/O and as a Zigbee server, I have the following stuff

3- Speaker points

1- theater that I control, usual stuff

25- switches and dimmers

5- 3 and 6 button keypads

3- mini touch screens

a couple of card access motion sensors

a couple of CA contact sensors

1- Iphone

I do use the C4 system for distributed music

I also have a fairly large movie collection that C4 catalogs

So is this small enough to be able to run 2.x at the same speed I'm used to with 1.74 or is this going to run like a slow dog?

TIA

Mike

Your main notice will be the media database. I have about 300 movies on a NAS and browsing them with C4 isn't the best by any means with my single 300 (first gen) test system on 2.x. Will it work, yes. Will it be as fast as with 1.7.4? No, not until you upgrade a controller to 1000 or otherwise.

I have my system that is running on 1.74 at this time, I have an extra HC300 and was wondering if I can run 2.xx (the latest) on 2 HC300's and a Media Controller that I use for the I/O and as a Zigbee server, I have the following stuff

3- Speaker points

1- theater that I control, usual stuff

25- switches and dimmers

5- 3 and 6 button keypads

3- mini touch screens

a couple of card access motion sensors

a couple of CA contact sensors

1- Iphone

I do use the C4 system for distributed music

I also have a fairly large movie collection that C4 catalogs

So is this small enough to be able to run 2.x at the same speed I'm used to with 1.74 or is this going to run like a slow dog?

TIA

Mike

It will run slower but you can help things out by a bit using the spare 300 only as a director and share zigbee duties between it and another controller. Navigator and digital audio are resource hogs. If the spare is a 300C, results will of course be better.

Archived