C4 Forums | Control4

somewhat complex- Programming my sons light in his room

srthomas21

My son has the bad habit of leaving is light on in his room all the time. Normally I would just set up a timer to turn it off in x minutes but he sleeps with his light on at night. He is going through a severe "scared of the dark" phase so what I want to do is have set a timer that works between say 6 am and 8 pm and then have the timer disabled during the night.

Is this even possible? I looked at the scheduler but didn't see any way to use it but I'm not expert.

Any help would be appreciated.

THanks

Let the timer run all the time, but when it expires see if the current time is between 6:00am and 8:00pm.

When programming, select the 'Scheduler' node under 'Actions, and look under 'Conditionals'. You can do your time periods, or just use 'Day Time', and let the system track sunrise/sunset for you.

LOL, not so complex then :) Thanks

So here is what I did

When the top button is pushed

If time is between 6 am and 8 pm

> Start Timer Rileys Light

Is that all I need to do? Do I need to stop the timer when the bottom button is pushed?

Also, if he was in his room playing and wanted the light to be left on is there any way that a double tap could trigger a longer timer?

Something like

If top button is double tapped

stop timer Rileys Light

Start timer Rileys Light Long

then I need a way when that timer is expired to start turn the original timer back on

Thanks for your help

No - He was saying always trigger your timer for your 8 minutes and on the timer expiring do a conditional - If it is between 6 PMand 8 PM th turn off the light.

Another thing that you could do is say if it is between 8 AM and 6 PM set the timer to 8 minutes (when motion is triggered)

If it is between 6 PM and 8 AM then set the timer to 2 hours (or what ever time you want). You could also change the RAMP down time as well so he would not notice it going away?

Bill

Archived