C4 Forums | Control4

programming

kpdremn

Is anyone willing to sell me the programming so I can learn to set this up myself? The control 4 dealers here won't help me because I bought most of the equipment off of this forum.

Thanks

Nate

406-698-3057

sayler@bresnan.net

please call or email me if you can help

First off let me tell you that I am "gadget boy". I programmed and installed my entire 4000 sq foot house prior to this one in X-10 and DIY stuff. It was cool.

My friend (the C4 dealer) told me that I really needed to go with C4 and that he would do it for me - and he has.

There are a number of things that you cannot do yourself - a DEALER MUST do it because they have access to software that you cannot get access to. (Composer Pro)

Once your dealer sets up your system (this is NOT trivial) you can then adjust a lot of your own programming and it is pretty easy to do this.

Do you have your system all set up?

1. switches installed

2. all sound/audio/video equipment hooked up

If so you MAY be able to find someone that will help you - but some things must be done by a dealer on site.

Bill

First off let me tell you that I am "gadget boy". I programmed and installed my entire 4000 sq foot house prior to this one in X-10 and DIY stuff. It was cool.

My friend (the C4 dealer) told me that I really needed to go with C4 and that he would do it for me - and he has.

There are a number of things that you cannot do yourself - a DEALER MUST do it because they have access to software that you cannot get access to. (Composer Pro)

Once your dealer sets up your system (this is NOT trivial) you can then adjust a lot of your own programming and it is pretty easy to do this.

Do you have your system all set up?

1. switches installed

2. all sound/audio/video equipment hooked up

If so you MAY be able to find someone that will help you - but some things must be done by a dealer on site.

Bill

From what I understand, he WANTS a dealer to do it but none of the c4 dealers in the area wants to touch the project.

There are a few dealers that would be willing to do it remotely.

From what I understand, he WANTS a dealer to do it but none of the c4 dealers in the area wants to touch the project.

There are a few dealers that would be willing to do it remotely.

I understand - if I was a dealer I would try it and simply charge enough to make it worth my time. (I am not a dealer though <grin>).

The problem is that with what I have seen in my house - once all the connectins are made and made correctly the programming usually can be done from outside the house - however - there are a TON of "O - this was not plugged in - or that was not plugged in - or the switch needed to be reset that it was simply easier for my dealer to be on site.

I think that if he would give the "scope" of the project he mght have a better chance of getting someone to "bid" on the project. An open ended remote project would be a nightmare.

Bill

I have a hc-1000 2 hc-300's 10 different switches and dimmers, fireplace controler, sonos, 10 sets of in ceiling speakers, control4 8 zone amp with a control4 dual tuner, 2 control4 thermostats and a media center.. I have no idea if I need it all or not. If I can't get something figured out soon I'm going to sell it all and just use sonos. It won't be as cool or functional but at least it will work.

I have a hc-1000 2 hc-300's 10 different switches and dimmers, fireplace controler, sonos, 10 sets of in ceiling speakers, control4 8 zone amp with a control4 dual tuner, 2 control4 thermostats and a media center.. I have no idea if I need it all or not. If I can't get something figured out soon I'm going to sell it all and just use sonos. It won't be as cool or functional but at least it will work.

Send me a private email?

I need to know where you are located and a phone number to contact you at.

I will present this to my dealer and see if he is interested.

Bill

Archived