C4 Forums | Control4

Adding a RCZ-CRC2-B system remote to hc300 v1.7.4.36

I purchased a second remote on eBay and am unable to connect to the controller either by hitting the 4 button four times or entering in the MAC address. on the IP Network Connections page my first remote is called System Remote Control V2 and this one is called System Remote Control V2 2. It show the MAC address i entered but the remote does not work any part to the system. Can anyone provide some assistance?

It sounds to me like you bought a non-standard Control4 remote. The part number is not the normal part number for a v2 remote (RCZ-SRC2-B) unless you typed it wrong. I have noticed for a long time in composer that their is a Commissioning Remote Driver, that I have not heard any details about or even what its purpose is for. I assumed it is an internal or beta product and not a retail product.

I have had a client before buy a 8 zone amp, and we tried to make it work but it was a Alpha unit; Basically the guy lost $1500 on a product that would not work on a newer firmware. Basically you need to be careful about buying stuff on eBay...

I would suggest asking your dealer to call Control4 to find out what this part is and if they can make it work or not.

Commissioning remote is just an SR-250, identified with the 'Commissioning Remote' driver, that you then can use when you setup a ZigBee mesh.

It lets you do identification, by showing you the name of the device to identify, then when it's identified, it shows that on the screen of the SR-250.

It's an installer's tool, basically. When you're done installing, you just identify the SR-250 with a regular SR-250 remote driver, and it'll work in the system normally.

This is not extremely well known, even to Control4 dealers. It was initially created for commercial installs, but works fine in residential.

RyanE

Archived