C4 Forums | Control4

System won't boot after power outage

I had a power outage at home and as I turned everything back on my HC-300 never fully booted, no comms light, just flashing emitters then solid. I fear the worst, to make matters worse I can't remember how long ago I saved the project as I often add bit's and pieces but I assure you it was alll working well up to the power out. Anybody got any ideas

I can do the restore that's easy. I'm more curious to the fault I recall something like this happening on a job I was troubleshooting the problem is I haven't done any control4 in a long time and I've forgotten what the cause is.

I can do the restore that's easy. I'm more curious to the fault I recall something like this happening on a job I was troubleshooting the problem is I haven't done any control4 in a long time and I've forgotten what the cause is.

I have seen it happen after power outages...my guess is that the problem is the power blips on and off a few times rapidly and causes issues.

One good reason to make sure you have it on a UPS and Power Conditioner

This systems been going since the hc-300 first came out in the same house without a hitch. It's pretty disappointing that on the same circuit we also have a pvr/sat, media player, amp, dvd and tv and they all work fine started up straight away.

I had a power outage at home and as I turned everything back on my HC-300 never fully booted, no comms light, just flashing emitters then solid. I fear the worst, to make matters worse I can't remember how long ago I saved the project as I often add bit's and pieces but I assure you it was alll working well up to the power out. Anybody got any ideas

I had this exact problem only a week ago with an HC200. Same thing just flashing emitters... It was a faulty/blown plug pack. (the AC->DC transformer). Maybe the transformer or fuse is gone in the HC300...This is the first thing to check when gear doesn't work after a power outage...

• 9 months later...

Archived