C4 Forums | Control4

Music programming using keypad

Rori

Hello,

I have a couple of questions regarding music and would appreciate any help. I am using Composer HE.

1. I set up a Spotify playlist and would like to trigger using a keypad press.  Is there a way to shuffle the songs so that it does not always play them in the same order. I added a line "Set shuffle to on for room X" to programming (Digital Media Actions) but does not help. 

2. Is there a way to use the Stations created in Rhapsody under Library (Control 4, not Sonos) to program a button on a keypad. 

Thanks a bunch!

Rori

Answering my own question...

I suspect there is not a way to do this (as above).

Asked my dealer about it and he was planning on asking C4 for these as future enhancements.

Cheers!

I THINK selection of those things should be possible (shuffle is not) provided you are on the current software - I can't check right away but will see if I get a chance (in short - Sonos items CAN be used to prgoram off of but Spotify may be limited, Rhapsody SHOULD I think have that ability with the new driver version, but as Rhaps technically isn't available here I'm limited on where I can check that).

Archived