C4 Forums | Control4

Is Yale compatible or not?

spazz27

Hi everyone,

I just purchased a Yale Lock, model YRD210-NR-OBP.

It does not come with a network module. I've searching up and down for the correct module. And I thought I found it, but when I went to purchase it (a Yale Z-WaveRadio Module), I was told it is absolutely not compatible with Control4.

I showed this retailer the Control4 website which lists Yale locks with Real Living as not only compatible, but the first ones they list (not that that matters), but still he insists its not compatible.

So, I dont know if there are other modules out there and its just the Z-Wave thats not compatible?

Or if control4 makes their own module for the locks?

I have no idea what so ever.

Does anyone know what the truth is about these locks? It seems like many people have them so they much be compatible. Maybe someone can point me to the correct module I need?

Thank you!

Anthony

7 minutes ago, spazz27 said:

Hi everyone,

I just purchased a Yale Lock, model YRD210-NR-OBP.

It does not come with a network module. I've searching up and down for the correct module. And I thought I found it, but when I went to purchase it (a Yale Z-WaveRadio Module), I was told it is absolutely not compatible with Control4.

I showed this retailer the Control4 website which lists Yale locks with Real Living as not only compatible, but the first ones they list (not that that matters), but still he insists its not compatible.

So, I dont know if there are other modules out there and its just the Z-Wave thats not compatible?

Or if control4 makes their own module for the locks?

I have no idea what so ever.

Does anyone know what the truth is about these locks? It seems like many people have them so they much be compatible. Maybe someone can point me to the correct module I need?

Thank you!

Anthony

Control4 is zigbee, NOT zwave.  With that said, it will be very hard to track down a control4 compatible zigbee network module.  They do sell them, they are just rediculously overpriced.  Typically it's better to just buy the lock from control4 with the module already installed. GL.

As I said, these are distributed via Control4 - that means your dealer can get them. For what it's worth - the ZigBee ones Yale sells direct are NOT compatible with control4.

Still if you already have the lock - it beats buying a whole new set.

Alternatively - you could go ZWave and integrate it with a VERA unit - and integrate THAT into C4. I've found the ZWave lock modules quite poor though (very low range, slow, and huge battery consumption).

Archived