C4 Forums | Control4

Import Media List/Playlist

I'm currently running 2.7.2. I'm trying to update/refresh my media and playlists on the Control4 system. 

To me, It appears that Control4 changed how it imports music and playlists from 2.5.

It seems to be able to import all the mp3's (at least comparint the album count for the import file to an export is the same)

Previously, when importing a file, as long as the import contained the music AND the playlists, and the ID's in  the playlist matched the ID's of the songs, it all worked. Now, the music loads, the playlist loads, the number of tracks in the playlist is correct, but there seems to be a disconnect between the ID's for the songs and the ones included in the playlist. This results in the tracks contained in the Control4 playlist not matching the songs in the import file. 

Can anyone get a music playlist to import correctly? 

• 2 weeks later...

I get this working intermittently. It is very annoying as I have struggled with playlist imports from time to time and have even had to recreate playlists... Other times it works fine. The c4 architecture hear seems to be very poor.  I had a theory that whether it worked or not depended on how you had sorted your media (by artist, album title etc.) before importing the playlist (I don't think the order when saving mattered). I know that on a couple of occasions I had playlists import but be wrong. I then deleted the playlists, changed the sort order of the media and reimported the playlists and hey presto all was good. However, like I said, I did not play with this enough to know if I had identified the problem or just been lucky the times things worked...

I gave up on it. I have a Synology box that contains all my music, and I use MediaMonkey to manage all the music. I had a Media Monkey script which I have used for years to export all the active playlists and the I'd use Control4 to import all the music/playlists. 

For $20 I purchased Twonky, and had the DNLA driver installed into my Control4 system. The Control4 DLNA driver reads all the music/playlists from my Twonky server. The Twonky server imports all the playlists in M3U format. Any time the playlist is exported, Twonky gets the update, and Control4's only knowledge of the music is Twonky. 

I wish Control4's media worked better than it does, but I'm happy to say I am happy to not have to update music in Control4 any longer. 

Archived