C4 Forums | Control4

Could not connect to director

cgboulet

Question

Hi all-

I really hope someone can help me with this issue.  I tried installing Composer HE today and cannot connect to my director.  I have applied the Composer Patch 2 which runs a script in terminal and completes but when I try and connect my local system, I get the Unable to Connect error.  I'm running 2.9.1 and have searched and searched but seems like everyone's problems were fixed by running this patch.  Not for me...

Appreciate the help.

4 answers to this question

Make sure you log into your control4.com account and read the notice up top.  The instructions will be there.  Or you can click this link once you're logged in.  https://customer.control4.com/composerhe

Hopefully this works for you.  Try uninstalling all versions of composer HE and reboot the computer.  Then start from the beginning.

I'm having the same problem...  My old laptop can access, but I switched my primary laptop and need to use it to regain access through CHE.  Here's the rub -- even though my Controller is correctly registered as 2.9.1.xxxx the ONLY version of Composer HE that my.control4.com will let me download now is for version 2.10.xxx.  WTF?????

Okay, it looks like C4 just fixed that bug... now I'm going to try to get it to access... fingers crossed.

>> Update: Success!  I think a key thing is to uncheck "launch now" when doing the install.  Run the patch BEFORE opening CHE the first time.

Archived