C4 Forums | Control4

Audio Endpoints for a room

ILoveControl

Question

Hi all

I wanted to understand the two Audio (well video as well) endpoints in each room. What are they for (*I know by default you map your audio and video sources there*) the main question is why two. The reason I am asking is wondering if it can help with this scenario:

I have in ceiling speakers these are now working with sources I have that have Coax out into a receiver and the binding works well. However I have some sources (Apple TV 4K, Nvidia Shield etc) that only have HDMI out.

On all the sources I have them mapped into a C4 Leaf Matrix which handles only the video part of the matrix due to limitations in the LU642> So the current setup is:

1. Where I have a device that has a Coax output I mute the TV (Video endpoint) and use my receiver to power on my ceiling speakers and plays through there - all is great. This is bound to the Audio Endpoint 1

2. What I haven't tried yet and thought I would ask here is where I don't have Coax out like the Apple TV 4K for example can I use the Audio Endpoint 2 to insure the receiver is off and then control volume using the TV speakers which are fed via the HDBaseT HDMI output in a HDMI input on the TV?

Kinda stuck between a rock and a hard place as I have different type of sources that behave differently with Audio only. Would appreciate the advise.

2 answers to this question

Archived