C4 Forums | Control4

Using Presets in Room Control Driver

I see how to add streaming music sources in the properties tab in Composer HE.

When I click Pandora and hit set, the drop down box appears and I see every single Pandora station I have in my account.  Great!  but I want to add Radio.com and SiriusXM stuff into my 5 presets too but when I pick either SiriusXM or Radio.com from the source and hit Set, I never get that 2nd box to go into those streaming sources and pick what channel I want to call up as a preset.

Is the preset function within room control locked down to only a few streaming sources?

You will probably need to use the programming tab of the room control driver. 

When preset x is selected

If audio source is Sirius xm ---> select station from the Sirius xm driver (I think)

A delay may be needed in case a little extra time is needed before your favourite will fire

20 hours ago, dcovach said:

You will probably need to use the programming tab of the room control driver. 

When preset x is selected

If audio source is Sirius xm ---> select station from the Sirius xm driver (I think)

A delay may be needed in case a little extra time is needed before your favourite will fire

ok I'll give that a shot.  Do I need a "filler" on the preset 5 on the monitoring tab?  Curious if it will go from Preset 4 to Preset 1 because in the monitoring tab nothing is on Preset 5, its blank, I just have the command within the programming.  I'll mess with it this evening.

2 minutes ago, eggzlot said:

ok I'll give that a shot.  Do I need a "filler" on the preset 5 on the monitoring tab?  Curious if it will go from Preset 4 to Preset 1 because in the monitoring tab nothing is on Preset 5, its blank, I just have the command within the programming.  I'll mess with it this evening.

Yes. I believe leaving it blank skips to the next preset

Just now, dcovach said:

Yes. I believe leaving it blank skips to the next preset

so maybe in the monitoring tab ill select sirius for preset 5, then in the programming "when preset 5 is selected" ill put in a command to play Howard 100 in that specific room

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/8/2019 at 1:52 PM, eggzlot said:

hmm - today SiriusXM is populating with favorites.  Radio.com isnt but that's ok, I can probably use up the 5 presets with Pandora and SiriusXM.  Random that it was not appearing yesterday

Quick semi-unrelated question(s). 

When I choose Spotify as a preset, I don't get the option to select a playlist (which I have marked as a favorite).  Is this expected?  If so, Spotify seems sort of useless here.

Secondly - how do I connect a keypad button to the actual room control driver after configuring my presets?  Does my dealer have to do this, or can I use HE?

2 minutes ago, LollerAgent said:

Quick semi-unrelated question(s). 

When I choose Spotify as a preset, I don't get the option to select a playlist (which I have marked as a favorite).  Is this expected?  If so, Spotify seems sort of useless here.

Secondly - how do I connect a keypad button to the actual room control driver after configuring my presets?  Does my dealer have to do this, or can I use HE?

barking up the wrong tree - sorry

1) I dont have a spotify account

2) I had a similar problem with Radio.com - but it worked fine with Pandora and SiriusXM

re: the last piece I think the dealer has to bind the button to that driver.  then you can pick the presets in your "Monitoring" section of Composer HE

1 minute ago, LollerAgent said:

Thanks - seems like yet an other limitation of Spotify.  Quite frustrating.

Were you able to program LED's for each preset as well on your keypad?

i didnt get that granular.  when music is on the LED is blue.  doesnt matter what station.  I'd assume you could match the LED to the preset you pick, didnt think of that.  I got bigger things i need to clean up/fix/implement so not sure I'll get around to trying that out anytime soon.

and yes, could be the interface with spotify.  i had spotify a few years ago, after 8 months I think my wife or I logged in 3x.  so i just cancelled it so im not really knowledgeable about it as a product, let alone its C4 integration (im a user, not a dealer so I only really know what i own)

So - to follow up here about Spotify:

It seems as if you need to create a preset for a playlist in EACH room.  So, I have to crete a preset for "My Playlist" in kitchen, master bedroom, etc.  This seems weird to me, but once they are created in all rooms, you can select the preset/playlist in the Room Control driver.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.