Jump to content
eggzlot

Any Altice / Sagemcom box users?

Recommended Posts

Trying to hook up known working IR’s to control the boxes.  I unpaired the Bluetooth remote and that still did not work.  I moved the IR over the entire face of the box holding channel up (And down) and nothing moved the channels.

Any ideas?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, eggzlot said:

Trying to hook up known working IR’s to control the boxes.  I unpaired the Bluetooth remote and that still did not work.  I moved the IR over the entire face of the box holding channel up (And down) and nothing moved the channels.

Any ideas?

Are you using the sta 8300hd driver?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, jackstiffer said:

Are you using the sta 8300hd driver?

no - using the Sagem Smartbox - cable_sagem_smartbox.c4i as these are the Sagem boxes, not the old STA 8300HD box.  Would that driver work?  Do these Sagem boxes even have an IR on them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, eggzlot said:

no - using the Sagem Smartbox - cable_sagem_smartbox.c4i as these are the Sagem boxes, not the old STA 8300HD box.  Would that driver work?  Do these Sagem boxes even have an IR on them?

Yes they have IR. When i had altice one i just used the old STA Driver and Cablevision used that code set on the new boxes for legacy remotes in circulation. I am 95% sure if you switch to the STA driver it will work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jackstiffer said:

Yes they have IR. When i had altice one i just used the old STA Driver and Cablevision used that code set on the new boxes for legacy remotes in circulation. I am 95% sure if you switch to the STA driver it will work.

fingers crossed - thanks!

DSLReports website forum also said the "old gray remotes" should work so that gives me pause for hope.  I tried the flashlight method to find where to place the IR without much luck - do you recall the best position for it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, eggzlot said:

fingers crossed - thanks!

DSLReports website forum also said the "old gray remotes" should work so that gives me pause for hope.  I tried the flashlight method to find where to place the IR without much luck - do you recall the best position for it?

i don't remember exactly. (altice one was not kept very long as it sucked) it was closer to the middle if i remember correctly. just flash codes until you see the box change while moving the blaster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jackstiffer said:

i don't remember exactly. (altice one was not kept very long as it sucked) it was closer to the middle if i remember correctly. just flash codes until you see the box change while moving the blaster.

yep that is what i did last night, move the blaster as i held down channel up/down, but like you pointed out, i may need a different driver

so far after 48 hours with altice it seems ok.  I had Hulu and got error messages daily, buffering, etc.  And that was with Fios 100 up/down.  With the new altice packages its the same price for 220 channels plus 200 up/down vs Hulu Live TV and 100 up/down.  so I am not "thrilled" and "excited" but my wife will not cut the cord and get rid of live TV yet.

Altice now lets you put their router into bridge mode so that is nice, and I reconfirmed no Double Nat on my system, so that is a step up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, jackstiffer said:

Yes they have IR. When i had altice one i just used the old STA Driver and Cablevision used that code set on the new boxes for legacy remotes in circulation. I am 95% sure if you switch to the STA driver it will work.

It worked - thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...