C4 Forums | Control4

Spotify Issue

Adidaswood

Ok.  I have 3 instances of the Spotify Driver in my project.  1 for each family member and each is named as such.  We are on the premium family plan, no issues there.

I start spotify in the kitchen playing my favorite playlist.  My daughter goes down to the gym and puts on her playlist using her instance of spotify and boom they combine.  I'm now hearing her music in the kitchen.  If i then put my playlist back on it changes it in the Gym.  What I observe in that app is that both rooms are joined to the same session.

I've been looking through my programming and for the life of me I can't find anything that would make this happen.  To be transparent, of have some programming on a button click that will join a session in progress, but again that is on a Music button in each room.  I never had this problem before and haven't touched that programming in over a year.

My dealer and I have recently upgrade me to an EA1 to address some hardware issues. and my spotify app started acting funny, so I think he removed the old instances and readded spotify because I had to re add my playlists.  I'm on 3.1

I'm racking my brain over this and I'm not sure how to track this down.  Could sure use some advice from the big brains around here.

Thanks for the help.

I have a screen shot from when we were setting it up....he sent it to me so I could hook everything up properly.
but, this i wonder if the issue might be here somehow.  Like I don't have enough cables\bindings.  The Kitchen and the Gym are both on the Audio Matrix, but I think i'm seeing here that only one cable is going to the Amp\Matrix

image.thumb.png.6a90a0aef19c6af0ad05a64f28353110.png

They are both on the same matrix.  So i think i need to ask him to move the family room denon to digital out 2 and the use audio out 1 as the second feed to my matrix.

Does that sound right?

I think this right because the same thing happens with tune in and it isn't just spotify

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.