C4 Forums | Control4

RadioRa2 Bugs

Anyone else with RadioRa2 dimmers notice issues with the free C4 driver? Here's what I'm noticing:

• Can't change preset level, ramp up, or ramp down data in composer. When changing the default 100, 250, and 750 for those respective click rates and clicking set, refreshing the device properties shows the defaults again.
  • The slide bar UI in OS3 doesn't use the ramp up or ramp down rates, and instead jumps instantly to the dimmer level set by the user in the slider

This driver hasn't seen an update in a few years...

• 3 weeks later...

Pretty sure that is the same with other 3rd party lighting products. Composer is not able to change ramp times or preset levels for the lights, they have to be set on the 3rd party system.

As for the sliders, I think that is the case with 3rd party and C4's own lights, the dimming level follows the slider rather than waits for you to release the slider then dims to that level.

On 4/6/2021 at 8:42 AM, Unsocialtoaster said:

Pretty sure that is the same with other 3rd party lighting products. Composer is not able to change ramp times or preset levels for the lights, they have to be set on the 3rd party system.

As for the sliders, I think that is the case with 3rd party and C4's own lights, the dimming level follows the slider rather than waits for you to release the slider then dims to that level.

Ah okay. That explains a lot. Composer should hide elements of the UI that dont apply to products that dont support it. That seems silly.

also, that behavior with sliders seems weird. My expectation is that C4 would wait until I've let go of the slider and then ramp to that dim level, not follow the slider.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/9/2021 at 1:05 AM, jimbones said:

Composer should hide elements of the UI that dont apply to products that dont support it. That seems silly.

It's because they use proxies to build all the drivers from. The drivers for lights are the same whether they are 3rd-party lights or 1st-party lights, so they don't have a way of hiding the unused section (is my understanding of it any way).

On 4/9/2021 at 1:05 AM, jimbones said:

My expectation is that C4 would wait until I've let go of the slider and then ramp to that dim level, not follow the slider.

Yes, same, I also find it a bit weird, and I've been doing it for about 10 years now!

On 4/6/2021 at 8:42 AM, Unsocialtoaster said:

So doing some further testing last night, and discovered the Lutron switches on/off via C4 interface uses C4's defined ramp rates and preset levels, and not Lutron's. But I can't actually set any of these rates on 3rd party lights in C4? is that correct? I'm just stuck with what C4 has predefined?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.