C4 Forums | Control4

Help with new Chime doorbell

Hi, any help appreciated.  I've got a new Control4 Chime doorbell.  I've installed via cat cable and powered via POE.  All up and running and added to Control4.  I can see video from camera if I go into C4 app > security > cameras

However, when the doorbell is pushed it does nothing.  We don't have any touch screens so I only want it to call our mobiles.  We have 4sight.

Do I need to use the intercom app or does the doorbell work with the main C4 app?  I have downloaded the app to see if this would work however the gateway is offline and will not connect.  I have tried resetting the gateway in the app.

Do I need to set anything else up to get this to work?  On the communications agent I have one group called All however the Freeswitch server is showing offline and won't refresh.

Thanks!!

Update - just restarted my controller and the gateways are now showing as registered and a push of the door bell calls the mobile.

I've guessed you have to use the Intercom App which is not great as it would be better to have it all built in the one app.

The one thing I haven't worked out is how to get the option to come up to turn on lights from the intercom screen?

Thanks

From my limited experience with Chime so far, the benefit of the Intercom App is how much faster it loads than waiting for the full C4 app to connect to the Director and pull in all the status info (lights, HVAC, security, etc.)  So that's most likely why they went with the separate app.

As for programming buttons, you first go to the Chime Intercom properties page where you'll find in the lower right this section:

image.png.1bab3d3e98aa51d659210a4018fb20cc.png

After entering your UI label choices (and yes, I could have used Toggle Garage freeing up a button, but reasons...) you can then go into programming under Chime Video Doorbell and those buttons will be available for any action(s) you wish to assign to them.

57 minutes ago, calbear said:

the benefit of the Intercom App is how much faster it loads than waiting for the full C4 app to connect to the Director and pull in all the status info (lights, HVAC, security, etc.)  So that's most likely why they went with the separate app

Errr...so they have combined the two on Android (lost track on status of iPhone on this at the moment but in the works at least)

Good to know. It’s still separate on iPhone.

Is it fast in the combined app?  Does the app need to be open already in the background?  Perhaps they have a branch in the app that’s just for the intercom and can run without having to connect to the rest of the Director...  certainly sounds like a better direction than two apps.

12 hours ago, calbear said:

Good to know. It’s still separate on iPhone.

Is it fast in the combined app?  Does the app need to be open already in the background?  Perhaps they have a branch in the app that’s just for the intercom and can run without having to connect to the rest of the Director...  certainly sounds like a better direction than two apps.

It's pretty much a wash, and no the app does't need to run in the background

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.