C4 Forums | Control4

C4 Fire Tv Driver - Stops Working

Have a FireTV Cube. Finding the driver works, then eventually it stops working. Meaning the controller commands just stop responding. They continue to respond with the actual Fire Tv remote, so the box itself isn’t hung. Rebooting the FireTV cube does resolve the issue. Has anyone else had any issues with it?  My IP for the FireTV is a static/reserved IP. 

Hello, 

which driver are you using? 

the old one was slow and laggy, due to sending commands over ADB. There’s a new one which is much better and works all the time. Installed for many clients and no ones had an issue. 

if you have the old one would highly suggest upgrading. 

Thanks 

Muj 

2 minutes ago, mujtaba.khokhar said:

Hello, 

which driver are you using? 

the old one was slow and laggy, due to sending commands over ADB. There’s a new one which is much better and works all the time. Installed for many clients and no ones had an issue. 

if you have the old one would highly suggest upgrading. 

Thanks 

Muj 

Hey Muj,

Yeah I’m using the new driver. 

Thanks

• 4 months later...

Has anyone seen a solution to this? It's driving me insane - and has been impacting both my 2nd gen Cube and a 4K stick. 

The only resolution I can find is to reboot the FireTV (using a smartphone app) and then wait to see if it works again in the next 20-30 seconds. Which is obviously not a sustainable solution.

15 hours ago, ianbnet said:

Has anyone seen a solution to this? It's driving me insane - and has been impacting both my 2nd gen Cube and a 4K stick. 

The only resolution I can find is to reboot the FireTV (using a smartphone app) and then wait to see if it works again in the next 20-30 seconds. Which is obviously not a sustainable solution.

I never found one. I gave up and switched back to using IRUSB. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.