C4 Forums | Control4

How to manage access codes and times for you Kwikset lock

ILoveC4

• 1 month later...

Very useful tutorial , ILoveC4.

Somewhat related question.

Before my kwikset was added to the project the lock button and unlock codes was working fine just not added to C4.

When it was added to C4 it still unlocks with the codes but I can no longer lock using the lock symbol button from the keypad. You can lock using the lever manually from the inside but pressing the lock button from the outside no longer works. Programming works too, if you program something to lock/unlock the kwikset it works just not from that button. Am I missing something? Ty

Strange, mine does not behave that way. I use the lock button when I leave.

Yeah, I find it strange too. If the manual lever is locked the keypad lights up you put your code and it unlocks. Once it is unlocked the keypad does not light up or beep anymore. Which s--cks because I cannot lock the door from the outside.

Is there a way to reset these things, might be just buggy.

I've also never experienced this issue. The lock button continues to work for me, even when installed in the project.

Sorry you're having issues with it.

The one thing I try first, though, whenever I've heard of issues with the Kwikset locks is to "re-hand" the lock (the process used to determine which way the door swings on the lock, thus which way the bolt is thrown):

* Remove the batteries

* Press some buttons on the front face, to ensure that any power is drained

* Press and hold the 'Lock' button, while replacing the batteries.

The lock should go through the 're-handing' process, and hopefully, that'll solve your 'lock button' issue.

RyanE

• 6 months later...

Make sure you go and purchase brand new batteries, I thought I had good batteries and the lock was not blinking red so I figured the batteries were good. I troubleshooted the kwikset for hours before trying another set of batteries and that's all it was, works perfectly now.

Archived