C4 Forums | Control4

Tunein Radio - Assign favorite to 6 button keypad

Is it possible to assign a favorite Tunein radio station to a button on a 6 button keypad? If so, how?

I was able to do this with the previous Internet Radio stations prior to the introduction of Tunein in 2.4 however I don't see a similar option under media for Tunein.

Thanks

So after a bit of digging i figured out how this is down. You need to have composer or have your dealer go to the tunein driver and click on sync favorites for programming. Obviously after you have your account setup. After the sync you can select the stations by clicking on the room and then select media then broadcast audio.

Ryan

Or...just add the station as a favourite using the TuneIn app. Then it'll show up under stations, including in programming under broadcast audio.

Under Media > Broadcast I have:

1) Internet Radio

2) XM Radio

3) Sirius Audio

4) AM Radio

5) FM Radio

Should there be something under this heading labelled "broadcast audio". Is this something my dealer would need to add using Composer Pro?

I've already created favorites which do show up on the on screen display of the HC800 under Tunein so the favorites do exist and are being synced back to my web account with tunein.

Thanks

Asssume you have home edition? The tune-in favorites don't show up as normal radio station under media.

In the programming view on the left side pick which button you want programmed. Then on the right side click on the actual room that you want the audio played in. Once the room is selected click on the "select media" below the click on the "..." Then broadcast audio.

Ryan

Or...just add the station as a favourite using the TuneIn app. Then it'll show up under stations' date=' including in programming under broadcast audio.[/quote']

Under Media > Broadcast I have:

1) Internet Radio

2) XM Radio

3) Sirius Audio

4) AM Radio

5) FM Radio

Should there be something under this heading labelled "broadcast audio". Is this something my dealer would need to add using Composer Pro?

I've already created favorites which do show up on the on screen display of the HC800 under Tunein so the favorites do exist and are being synced back to my web account with tunein.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 250 comming at the end of the week and need to know if I can do this. Right now I use the shout cast driver. Button 1 starts the playlist and button six will go to the next station. How will this work with tumein will it be possible to change stations by creating a playlist and selecting next.

No it will have to be done differently.

Technically what you're doing currently is a work-around, you need to revert to the "usual" way of doing it, which would be under a single button normally.

If there's 3 stations you want, use single etc tap options,

If not use a number variable to toggle through the stations:

WHEN [button 1] is pressed

[Variable] +1

then under the variable:

WHEN variable [variable] changes

IF variable value = 1

--select station

IF 2

--select station

etc...

on the last one:

IF value => x

--select [station]

=--set [variable] to 0

Make sure to add programming to set that variable to 0 as well on room off etc.

Archived