C4 Forums | Control4

Composer troubles

daveva

I have composer home addition 2.5.3. After a recent upgrade of a Sony 600es and a hopper install and now composer doesn't work properly. I have made some custom buttons one called music and created a macro. Example: turn on receiver- delay 5 sec.- receiver to pure audio-delay 5 sec- execute scene music on- turn off projector-turn off hopper. The only part that works is the lighting scene. Other customs buttons also react in the same way but do carry out some of the commands. Another example is pressing watch on the ipad the projector may or may not turn on the receiver may or may not turn on etc. etc. Thanks 

So I was playing around with composer last night to see if I could execute any of the buttons but to no avail. Well that's not entirely true because some of the commands in the buttons worked and some didn't. So after awhile I became frustrated and closed composer and started browsing the net when about 45 min later the receiver and hopper turned on which kind of startled me. It turned on without me initiating the command. If anyone has any idea please help.

This may be way off the mark, but you never know.

Check your Router.

I had similar issues with my lights at one stage - they would not work from the keypads so I tried composer, directly managing the lights on and off worked, but using programmed buttons seemed to fail, until 30 mins later they would go on and off.

Turns out my cheap 3 in one router had burned out it's power supply.

I still have no idea why the router prevented the custom programming, but after an upgrade to a new Asus router and using the old one as modem only, I've never had the problem again.

Archived