C4 Forums | Control4

Unable to power on Pioneer VSX80 with IR 1 in serial mode

Hello, i have a HC250 that is connected to a Pioneer VSX80 via IR1 out with the serial cable to the pioneer serial input which has a db9 null modem adapter, I can control all aspects of the receiver, volume up, down, mute and turning it off using the 250 remote and apps on my phone and ipad, I cannot turn on the pioneer though. I'm not sure if I'm using the correct sequence on the remote, I'll hit the control4 button on the remote, press watch, press satellite, everything powers up, TV, mini Genie box but no receiver power up, not sure if it's a programming issue or if I'm not doing something right with the remote. Any help would be greatly appreciated. James

Once I power the Pioneer VSX80 on manually I am able to control all of its functions with the SR 260 remote, I can also power everything off by hitting room off on the remote including the receiver, I just cant power it on using the control4 remote. All of the other functions work on the receiver using the control4 remote, I can increase and decrease the volume, mute the receiver etc using the SR 260, just no power up on the receiver.

Matthew, I just figured it out, I had a null modem adapter connected to the receiver as I needed a gender changer, I went back to a regular straight through gender changer and now I'm able to power the Pioneer on and off using the SR 260, thanks for responding and your prior help with my amp, everything is working great!

Archived