C4 Forums | Control4

Access to DirecTV "Playlist"/DVR List

Elvis

Before I had C4, I wrote a program that turned on the TV and started the nightly news which was recorded on our DirecTV Genie DVR. The DirecTV Genie still shows up as a DLNA server on my network but I have, sometime over the last 2+ years, lost access to the "Playlist" (recordings) via the network.

Is there a way in C4 to use one of the custom buttons on the remote to accomplish the same thing? I'm not sure what the DirecTV driver is capable of doing. If I gave one button access to the news back to my wife, it might turn off the "we used to" nags. It would help, at least.

1 minute ago, msgreenf said:

you can get close...but actually selecting a recorded program.  You can program one button to turn the TV (or even a scheudle) and tune to a channel.

Yep, I got that already but it gets buried in the playlist when she goes to watch it after the prime time recordings. Oh well.

Holy cow, not that anyone cares, but I'm proud of myself for figuring this out. So therefore I must post. :)

DVR, Hyphen, Down, Enter, Down 5, Enter, Play

DVR, Options, Sort By Category, News, Play the most recent in the list. 

This even works better because she records one weekday news channel and a different one on weekends. This plays the last recorded news regardless.

I copied it and sorted by sports and it plays the last game recorded.

"Alexa, turn on the latest bad news" "Alexa, turn on the latest game"

Archived