C4 Forums | Control4

LG OLED B6P TV

ecschnei

Question

11 answers to this question

Do you have a matrix or a receiver as part of your setup?

I'm guessing you have a single HDMI going to the TV, and that HDMI input has HDR enabled. Not sure what you mean by seeing navigator correctly.

Can you describe your setup better and what the issues is exactly?

1 minute ago, annex⁴ said:

Do you have a matrix or a receiver as part of your setup?

I'm guessing you have a single HDMI going to the TV, and that HDMI input has HDR enabled. Not sure what you mean by seeing navigator correctly.

Can you describe your setup better and what the issues is exactly?

Sorry,

LG TV on monitor out of Marantz sr-7011 reciever

EA-5 on DVD input of reciever

Samsung Blue-Ray on Blue-Ray input of reciever

Even thought the blue-ray has HDR turned off in the settings, when a HDR movie is put in the TV pops up a window that says the TV needs to restart.  I'd like to either set the TV so it doesn't ask or fix it so the other inputs can be "scaled up" to HDR so the TV doesn't need to be restarted every time...

Thank you,

On 12/22/2016 at 10:52 PM, Matt Lowe said:

hook all 4k sources directly to the tv and send audio the marantz separately would probably be your best bet

but not the most cost effective due to my equipment rack is in the basement and the TV is upstairs.  Could the 50 ft. HDMI cable running from the receiver to the TV not be HDR 4K compatible?  would that cause it to randomly blink since I have noticed this happens as well?

1 minute ago, ecschnei said:

but not the most cost effective due to my equipment rack is in the basement and the TV is upstairs.  Could the 50 ft. HDMI cable running from the receiver to the TV not be HDR 4K compatible?  would that cause it to randomly blink since I have noticed this happens as well?

oh yea that would be it for sure 4k certified cables on copper are very very rare over 12ft

8 minutes ago, Matt Lowe said:

oh yea that would be it for sure 4k certified cables on copper are very very rare over 12ft

LOL.  Doesn't solve the need to reboot the TV to switch between HDR and not but it answers one question.  Since I will probably end up running a different cable for the HDMI, what gauge speaker wire would you run to Klipsch floor speakers that are 8 ohm at 125 cont/500 peak watts?  The original installer ran 16 gauge.  Also since the speaker and receiver can run Bi-Amp would you run enough cable to do so?

if you can spare the extra amplifier it is fine. we use SOLID copper 16 gauge it works fine. but if you have copper plated you might want to re think that.

with all of the hdmi issues at hand here it is likely causing the issues for HDR too as that is all transmitted over the same way to long hdmi

4 minutes ago, Matt Lowe said:

if you can spare the extra amplifier it is fine. we use SOLID copper 16 gauge it works fine. but if you have copper plated you might want to re think that.

with all of the hdmi issues at hand here it is likely causing the issues for HDR too as that is all transmitted over the same way to long hdmi

So what would you use for the hdmi issue? Balun? I apologize if my spelling is off.

9 minutes ago, Matt Lowe said:

we use celerity fiber optic hdmis i think the 50ft is around 399

you can also see a list of certified products here

http://www.dpllabs.com/page/dpl-approved-products

Thanks Matt for taking the time to answer all the questions.  Wish you was here in Kansas City, MO...LOL.  Is fishing that celerity cable through walls difficult?  I know fiber optic cables are sensitive to bending.  I wasn't sure if I could just attach it to the end of the HDMI that is there and use it to pull through.  There is the possibility that I might try and DIY this part of my project. The last thing I want to do is kink a $400 cable. 

Fiber cable as a whole of it is built will can be really strong. Thanks to the removable head the cable is actually really small whenpulling. If you don't care about the hdmi cutting off your cable head will make it much easier to pull. Pm me if you want to buy

Archived