C4 Forums | Control4

Amazon Music

KCWard

Question

I've read a number of posts about the changes with Sonos and how some are looking more at the Heos.  Most of these seem to speak to Integration of Spotify.  I'd like to add Amazon Music to my system.  I've had it for a couple of months now and find that airstream simply doesn't provide the result that I would like when listening to Amazon Music.  In order to have Amazon Music easily accessible to me via C4 would I be better off adding the Heos, Sonos, or something entirely different?

6 answers to this question

The issues which plague spotify integration with Sonos will also affect Amazon music. Along with play/pause/volume/room control you can ONLY play favorites from C4 with Sonos.

The Heos system is very interesting, especially as each device has additional connectivity options including Bluetooth and the Heos 1 has a rechargeable docking station to make it portable. However, only the most expensive Heos system provides Sonos beating audio performance with all other Heos devices under performing their Sonos rivals.

So whats more important? Ability to control it all from one app and more flexibility with connectivity or audio quality? And you have to believe that as the Sonos driver is expanded with the development of the Sonos API that more features and services will become available.

So if only looking for a heos link vs sonos connect added to the rack to distribute Amazon music to my existing wired home audio, neither offers full browsing...  Am I understanding however that the Heos does provide more options than Sonos or are they really providing more or less the same thing with the same limitations? 

So if only looking for a heos link vs sonos connect added to the rack to distribute Amazon music to my existing wired home audio, neither offers full browsing...  Am I understanding however that the Heos does provide more options than Sonos or are they really providing more or less the same thing with the same limitations? 

Heos has a lot less limitations. You can search all Amazon playlists

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

Archived