C4 Forums | Control4

IR usage - same bud

Quick question I just added some LED lighting to the back of my TVS. Now I control the TVS via IR. The IRs were pulled a while ago when the house was built in the AV condute.

Now I could pull a separate IR bud just for the LED strips but I figured since the IR codes don't clash with the TV can't I just use the same IR bud as the one controlling the TV?

Thought I would just ask before I did something stupid here :-)

Quick question I just added some LED lighting to the back of my TVS. Now I control the TVS via IR. The IRs were pulled a while ago when the house was built in the AV condute.

Now I could pull a separate IR bud just for the LED strips but I figured since the IR codes don't clash with the TV can't I just use the same IR bud as the one controlling the TV?

Thought I would just ask before I did something stupid here :-)

You can try. It can work. Like you said just depends on the codes

Sent from my Pixel+C using Tapatalk

You can try. It can work. Like you said just depends on the codes

Sent from my Pixel+C using Tapatalk

Yeah so basic but it works :) the issue is I run out of "custom buttons" - oh I can use the "Chow main" driver for more buttons but then it only works on certain navigators....

Any way to.add it as lights with the light sliders I'm sure I saw that somewhere :-)

Thank you@Cyknight

I constantly love the way I feel stupid when asking questions here (saying this in a good positive not offending anyone way ✌️)

@Cyknight - does this lighting interface work across all navigators including a remote like a SR260?

Yes

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

Archived