C4 Forums | Control4

Whole System Offline for 24hours and now not working

geckoutca

Question

i had to disable my main unit (the EA-5) during some flooring work in the house.  it was offline for 24 hours along with all internet tvs etc.

when i hooked everything back up all the items that are directly connected to unit appear to work fine with my phone... but all my remotes show the title of their room but have zero functionality.

also my app on the phone can not control anything like lights or thermostats etc...

i own the composer home app and thought i may be able to just do some kind of reboot to get all programming going again but i havent learned how to do that (nor did my dealer show us when they provided composer).

is there an easy way to get all my items working again or am I SOL until my dealer responds and logs back into my system?

thanks,

Bo

5 answers to this question

This honestly sounds like an issue with the networking. Do you have only one controller(ea5-ea3-ea1-hc250 etc?) Can you be sure they are on the network as well. In composer HE you can select tools and network tools. It will show you ip and zigbee devices and their status.

Happy Automating!!

so i have one EA5 (main room and where the main connections are) and then i have 20 light switches and two EA3s etc.

my phone app can turn all things on (except lights) but turns tvs etc one ...  

i have three remotes (one each room) from control4 and none of those work...

my dealer i have provided access online via my control4 page ... (clicked box saying he can remote in) but of course he keeps asking for my master pw etc...which i covered in another thread that it isnt necessary but he doesnt seem to believe that... 

i was hoping to take care of this at home myself but i may have to get him out here...  

sure seems to be zigbee related...  shouldnt i be able to do something with composer home edition?  if anyone has any zigbee reset suggestions im all ears...otherwise ill just have the guy stop by...

thanks all

I saw same issue few times. It happened if main controller is not zigbee server or coordinator (it is in metal rack in basement with radiant floor), or non of them, or you have few zigbee meshes. One of your controllers can be offline (internet issue) and that controller might be the zigbee server or coordinator or both. Pls check all your controllers, are they online? check you connections (something got unplugged) scan your network (ip conflict)

if you can't do it by your self, or non of above is an issue, you need service tech. 

Archived