C4 Forums | Control4

EdgeRouter PoE

Elvis

On 11/7/2017 at 7:42 PM, Elvis said:

@SMHarman This guy's video was very, very helpful. I did my DHCP reservations on the Client page, instead of the Device page. Without this video I would have been completely stuck. Finding things is not that intuitive, but once you see it -- it is easy to grasp how they do it. Click on a client to see Properties, click on Configuration, Network and pick a static IP address. Just be careful, the Properties (sidebar on the right) stacks -- so you can have several Clients' properties open, which could result in changing one client when you think it is something else. 

So far, very happy.

His videos are insane he has multiple videos all on the UniFi gear his videos have been a big part on my in home network switched to UniFi and haven’t looked back 

On 11/3/2017 at 10:55 AM, zaphod said:

Let us know how it goes.

I hit some roadblocks setting up the USG, mostly of my own doing. I also had some untimely hiccups with the radio, so that also caused a lot of confusion -- I went down a couple of rabbit holes for no reason thinking I was screwing up the setup. Once I got past that, it was very smooth.

It's already ferreted out some bandwidth hogs. I feel pretty good about knowing exactly what is going on all the time. Doing my first RF scan now to see how the WIFI environment looks.

Archived